Senior Strategic Purchaser - Semiconductors
Scania CV AB
Scania is now undergoing a transformation from being a supplier of trucks, buses and engines to a supplier of complete and sustainable transport solutions.
And with our sister brands, we are in a journey to deliver value to TRATON Group customers by providing innovative and resilient supply chain solutions.
Are you attracted by taking part in this transformation, working in a dynamic, international, and highly commercial environment where analytical and strategic skills are as important as the mindset that collaboration will lead us to great results? Then the Semiconductor management team is the place for you.
Our team consists of dedicated purchasers with different backgrounds, nationalities, and experiences. We believe that the best decisions are made when everyone voices their opinion and when we take advantage of our different perspectives and approaches.
We handle different assignments, such as increasing data transparency for semiconductor components in our control units. We are looking for an additional team member to work with the new exciting projects within our TRATON modular system.
As a strategic semiconductor purchaser, you will face different areas to take over responsibility or support other members of our team. You will work in close contact and alignment with our cross functions to reach common project goals with regards to technology, quality, delivery, cost, and sustainability
Within Purchasing you will work closely with TRATON Group as well as Volkswagen Group, aligning on strategies globally.
In your daily work you will
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of long-term strategies for semiconductors,
- Creating collaboration models with semiconductor producers to secure long-term component availability and technology leadership
- As an interface between supplier and internal stakeholders, you steer measures for capacity coverage and shaping strategies within SCANIA
- Thinking, develop and implement processes in strategic semiconductor management
- Increasing data transparency for semiconductor components in our control units
- Development and alignment of semiconductor procurement strategy with TRATON and other brands in the Volkswagen Group
- Identify micro and macro trends and transforming it to business intelligence for the organization
- Secure implementation of semiconductor strategy in projects
Me as a leader
Teamspirit, dedication, and fun are attributes I like to see in the team and I contribute with also.
Developing the team and a group thriving makes me delighted. You can expect a lot of enthusiasm from me and a great interest in creating a “can-do” environment so we perform our work at our best while becoming our best selves.
I appreciate thinking outside the box to solve and fix challenges in front of us. I base my leadership on a strong foundation of collaboration because I truly believe that with a strong relationship and a great focus on expected outcomes, we can reach excellence, both to TRATON procurement and to the ones on this journey with me.
To thrive with us, you are a collaborative and solution-oriented team player. You have a technical interest and passion for business with the ability to discover and evaluate various commercial opportunities.
You need to be responsible, structured and have a positive attitude. We also see that you have:
- University degree with business or technical focus or comparable qualification
- Extensive purchasing experience, ideally experience in the semiconductor business.
Project management experience are also appreciated.
- Strong communication skills in English, Relationship and network building – internal and external
- Advanced negotiation skills and assertiveness
- The ability to take ownership of various tasks is necessary and problem-solving skills in combination with an analytical mindset are a must
What can we offer?
being part of a team and company that actively drives the shift towards more sustainable transport solutions challenging and rewarding tasks on a daily basis
modern workplace: hybrid setup with activity-based office space and home office close cooperation with colleagues from different functions worldwide visits of suppliers, fairs and Scania locations being part of a strong company culture based on respect for the individual and openness the chance to develop yourself and to work in a global industry network both with suppliers and partners but also other brands of Volkswagen opportunity to develop your career further and grow within Scania Purchasing, our cross-functions or as part of TRATON.
Why Scania as an employer?
To find out more about us as a company, our leadership principles and how we are actively working with diversity and inclusion, check Life at Scania.
Interested in joining us? Please contact Stefan Drabent, Manager Strategic Semiconductor Management, [email protected]
Selection, interviews and tests may take place continuously during the recruitment process, so please submit your application, including CV and cover letter today, but no later than 2023-12-03.
For your information, we may perform a background check for this position.
How to applyApply through: https://jobs.scania.com/job/S%C3%B6dert%C3%A4lje-Senior-Strategic-Purchaser-Semiconductors-151-38/1007563001/ apply before Sunday, December 3rd, 2023 11:59 pm
Are you looking for other English speaking jobs in Södertälje , Sweden?Click on bellow link and find all the Available jobs for english speakers.
This website provides, Jobs for professionals and expats seeking employment opportunities with English as the main working language. Ofcourse we have other language jobs also in the website.
You may like bellow related jobs in your city, If you did not find these jobs are not interested, please search the jobs in above search box with your keywords. We may find you perfect jobs for you in Sweden.
Thank you for using our services.