Job search visa in Sweden is a great way for individuals from outside the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA) to find work in the country. This visa allows job seekers to stay in Sweden for three months to nine months (based on your application) to search for employment opportunities and you can also set-up your own business during this period and continue it.
Here is everything you need to know about the job search visa in Sweden. If you need advise on this type of Visa, please contact [email protected] with your qualifications.
Eligibility criteria for job seeker visa in Sweden
To be eligible for a job search visa in Sweden, you must fulfil the following requirements:
- Have a valid passport
- Be outside Sweden.
- Have sufficient funds (Minimum 13000 SEK per month) to support yourself during your stay in Sweden. For example, If you apply Visa for 6-months, you need to show 6*13000 = 78000 SEK + return ticket cost.
- Have travel insurance that covers the entire duration of your stay in Sweden.
- Have a plan to support yourself during your job search.
- Have a degree from a university or college (For a degree to count as advanced level, it must correspond to a master’s degree of 60 credits, a master’s degree of 120 credits, a professional degree of 60–330 credits or a degree at PhD level)
- Have a good command of English or Swedish language
- In your application, you must attach a power of attorney that gives the University and Higher Education Council (UHR) the right to contact higher education institutions in your home country to verify your study documents. The Swedish Migration Agency then sends your documents to UHR so that they can assess your level of education.
Application process for job search visa in Sweden
The application process for a job search visa in Sweden is straightforward. You can apply for the visa through the Swedish Migration Agency’s website or at the Swedish embassy or consulate in your home country.
To apply, you will need to provide the following documents:
- A completed application form
- A valid passport
- A cover letter explaining why you want to come to Sweden and your job search plan
- Proof of sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay
- Travel insurance that covers the entire duration of your stay
- Proof of degree and work experience is plus
- You may also need to provide additional documents depending on your individual circumstances.
The processing time for a job search/seeker visa in Sweden can vary depending on the embassy or consulate you apply through. However, it usually takes around two weeks to process the visa application.
Benefits of a job search visa in Sweden
The job search visa in Sweden offers several benefits, including:
Opportunity to search for employment in Sweden: With this visa, you can stay in Sweden for up to nine months to search for job opportunities in your field of expertise or start your own business.
Easy transition to work visa: If you are successful in finding a job during your stay in Sweden, you can apply for a work permit without having to leave the country or if you start a new business then you can easily apply for self-employee visa.
Chance to experience Swedish culture: During your stay in Sweden, you will have the opportunity to experience Swedish culture and way of life, making it a memorable experience.
The job search visa in Sweden is an excellent opportunity for job seekers looking to work abroad in a country with a high standard of living and work-life balance. With a valid passport, sufficient funds, and a job search plan, you can apply for this visa and stay in Sweden for up to nine months to search for job opportunities in your field of expertise. If you are successful in finding a job, you can easily transition to a work permit without having to leave the country.
If you need advise on this type of Visa, please contact [email protected] with your qualifications.
We are publishing English speaking jobs in our website (https://jobsinsweden.se/) every day. You can search with your keywords and categories.